ENERVA H2 offers services for the designing of the following:
- Hybrid systems with conventional and non-conventional technologies.
- Systems for hydrogen propulsion and electricity generation with efficient, clean and safe innovative technologies.
- Co-trigeneration systems for the production of electric, thermal and cooling energy.
- Polygeneration systems with fuel cells and hydrogen technologies.
- Integrated systems with renewable energy sources for the production, accumulation and distribution of hydrogen;
- CO2 Systems for the capture, sequestration and use of CO2.
ENERVA H2 also offers research services to third parties regarding the aforementioned systems.
An action line on which the company vision is based concerns the design and implementation of new hybrid systems integrated with biomass anaerobic digester (DA), and/or modernization of the existing ones. The originality of the idea consists on the development of an integrated system able to produce biofuel and electric, thermal and cooling energy, through an anaerobic digestion system straight connected to an innovative system based on high temperature fuel cells (Fuel Cell / FC) with high efficiency.
The competitive advantage lies precisely in the innovation of the system: the connection of FC system with DA allows a higher energy conversion efficiency, consequently a lower consumption of primary material and therefore a higher energy production. This becomes an undoubted advantage for the customer, and an advantage for the design and installation company as well, since the product/service is clearly a better solution from a technical and energy point of view compared to the state of the art. As well as system efficiency, innovation also concerns on process efficiency, in particular on the enhancement of incoming biomass. This enhancement is performed through the use of an ad hoc algorithm developed by the company. The algorithm provides a valuable assistance in the pre-design phase, maximising plant productivity by optimising the methane yield, and assessing both costs and revenues of the plant.